Transporter TV series ReviewI was very excited when I heard that Transporter the series is going to make its way to the small screen. I liked Jason Statham in the Transporter movies.
|Audi A4 S-Line (Photo credit: Damien Gorza)|
Let’s start with the Transporter series positives
- There were plenty of car chases and they were done surprisingly very well, that is understandable considering that every episode cost 4 million dollars.
- The choreography of the fight scenes in the series was uniquely choreographed similar to the Transporter movies. So no complaints there.
- The visual scenery showcased the beauty that France had to offer (Nice in particular) but not only France, the show was spread to different parts of Europe (some Canada as well) and we were exposed to the unforgettable landscapes that Europe has to offer.
- François Berléand returned to the role of Inspector Tarconi for the Transporter the series and gave the show a slight rub that connected the TV show to the movies. I’m not saying that François Berléand gave a great performance (he didn’t give us nothing special in the Transporter movies neither) or that his Inspector Tarconi character was really needed in the show but it was a nice surprise seeing him in the show as well.
|Frank Martin's Black Audi A4|
Now to the bad stuff the Transporter series had to offer
- Transporter's supporting cast was one of the poorest that were seen on TV. Maybe it was because most of them did not speak English fluently or maybe they were just bad actors either way the cast and most of the guest actors that appeared in the 12 episodes of the show were a background noise that generated a constant disturbance to my eyes and my ears.
- At the first few episodes there was this small custom. The series had random actress's take off their top. I don't have a problem with that but use your common sense, you need to give a reason for the girl to take her clothes off. What we had in TV Transporter, were random flirts between the naked actresses and the camera. It came to the point that it was just ridiculously funny to follow the episodes and see how lame the excuses got in order to undress women by the production.
- Whoever wrote the scripts for the show needs to change a line of work as soon as possible, so no one else will have to endure his fiascoes in the future.
Transporter TV series summery
The action and the car chases were great. Was it so hard to get a decent script with an average acting cast? It’s not that they lacked the cash.
photo credit: JSitthi via photopin cc